Pro-Edge® is different from most other premium edge slings in that the edge protection is structural - it is built into the sling. Pro-Edge® features edge reinforcement with twisted tire - cord yarns - for the same reason that these yarns are used in tires - they provide maximum resistance to wear (cutting and abrasion). Additionally, the twisting of these yarns provides an enhanced degree of resistance to cutting and abrasion as compared to non-twisted yarns. Longer life means reduced cost per use.
Most other premium edge products are made with non-twisted yarns and with vinyl or polymer edge coatings - coatings that can wear off over time and leave the end-user with a simple “standard” edge sling.
Pro-Edge® is 50% tougher to cut than standard webbing. The edges are made with high tenacity twisted tire-cord yarns. It is a scientific fact that twisted yarns are more resistant to cutting and abrasion than untwisted yarns. Since these twists are part of the yarn construction, the cut and abrasion resistance properties of the yarn will not fade away after standard wear. This contrasts with other premium “edge” products, which use untwisted yarns with chemical coatings. When chemical coatings wear off… the consumer is left with ordinary yarns… without realizing they’ve lost edge protection.
When submitted to repeated surface and edge abrasion, Pro-Edge® maintains its strength far better than most other webbing products on the market. Pro-Edge® maintains 50% more of its strength than standard webbing when submitted to 2500 cycles of surface abrasion. Superior abrasion resistance is achieved by controlling the shrink process through a special heat-setting process. This is the same process that produces exceptional abrasion resistance in the manufacture of seat belts.
As a standard practice, and even though LIFTEX® Pro-Edge® provides added protection, it’s important to understand that load edges in contact with ANY type of synthetic sling must be “protected” with materials of sufficient thickness or strength to prevent sling damage. Liftex® offers a complete selection of wear pads and sleeves- see catalog and price list.
PRO-EDGE® SLING WEBBING CROSS SECTION
Pro-Edge® by Liftex®
Premium edge for longest life – superior performance is built in!
- • Twisted tire cord edge yarns provide superior cut and abrasion resistance.
- - the resistance is structural and can’t “wear off” over time and use.
- • PVC “Pocket Tag” for maximum tag durability and legibility.
- - all info is laser printed, including a unique serial number on each unit.
- • Superior cut & abrasion resistance, maximum tag durability & legibility.
- - the combination means longer sling life, increased safety and lower cost per use.
LIFTEX® POCKET TAG
WHY IS THIS TAG THE BEST?
Our Lifext Pocket Tag is our Premium tagging system. It offers the strongest combination of:
- Maximing "tag life"- therby reducing the necessity to take slings out of service due to damaged or illegible tag.
- A professional look with laser printed content (as opposed to hand-writing serial # and product info).
- Private labeling capabilities.
Advantages OF PRO-EDGE®
- A webbing of double-ply construction with stuffers, made out of high-tenacity yarns.
- The edges consist of twisted tire-cord yarns.
- The webbing is dyed and impregnated with a high-quality mix of various binders which enhance abrasion resistance.
- Pro-Edge® slings are available in nylon or polyester.